Faith of Freedom

An invitation to all races, color, and system of thought, where Islam is the agenda: from politics to family life.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

How each religion spread across the globe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hellboy77

PostSubject: How each religion spread across the globe   Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:58 pm

Here is an interesting link showing the spread of Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam.

A major similarity is how Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all originated from the same spot. The middle east.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topi

PostSubject: Re: How each religion spread across the globe   Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:43 pm

Assalamulaykum

There seem to be errors in that video. it does not correctly display how religions spread, and may even be biased! how on earth is there Hinduism in Burma, Siam, Kampuchea, and laos, and Vietnam? When I checked the official records they are today modern Buddhist countries... except with Burma bring 20% to 40% Muslim. They had not represented Islam in Burma. Also there was Hinduism on the Indonesian island of Sumatra of Java and Sumatra at some point, which was not displayed. Finally saying that the "southern" and middle Africa was practiced Christianity is incorrect. Countries of Nigeria, and Ghana are mainly muslim. Also much of the Congo basin countries still practice Local religions. Also in Nothern Alaska , Northern Russia, and Northern Canada, this has been misinformed.

Finally as I recall there was a whole province in present-day China, where muslims are the majority and have special rights to build mosques or places of worhsip unlike the other religions in China, but they still have pledge alliegience with the communist country. Only Muslims have this right in China. Everyone else is ethier communists, or people who practice Buddhism or Christianity in secrecy. The reason this is so, because Islam reached China very, early. It is actualy known that Caliph Uthman sent an envoy to convey the message of Islam to the Tang Dynasty of China. One mosque I remember is called " The Great Mosque of Xi'an." So in order to preserve the national identity, and culture of these people, they are allowed to practice Islam and wear religious clothes (Abaaya/ Fez/ Hijab etc.). These group of people belong to the ethnic group of "Hui."

THIS MAY BE OFFTOPIC:

If you just want to do more research just look up "Hui."

Last edited by on Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellboy77

PostSubject: Re: How each religion spread across the globe   Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:49 am

Salam,
I know there are Muslims in a part of china, but i did not know anything else about them. thanks for the info.
True the the video isn't too accurate, but i couldn't find a better one. If anyone else finds a better video feel free to post it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: How each religion spread across the globe   Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:36 am

Romi Topi wrote:
Assalamulaykum

There seem to be errors in that video. it does correctly display how religions spread, and may even biased! how on earth is there Hinduism in Burma, Siam, Kampuchea, and laos, and Vietnam? When I checked the official records they are today modern Buddhist countries... except with Burma bring 20% to 40% Muslim. They had no represented Islam in Burma. Also there was Hinduism on the Indonesian island of Sumatra of Java and Sumatra at some point, which was not displayed. Finally saying that the "southern" and middle Africa was practiced Christianity is incorrect. Countries of Nigeria, and Ghana are mainly muslim. Also much of the Congo basin countries still practice Local religions. Also in Nothern Alaska , Northern Russia, and Northern Canada, this has been misinformed.

Finally as I recall there was a whole province in present-day China, where muslims are the majority and have special rights to build mosques or places of worhsip unlike the other religions in China, but they still have pledge alliegience with the communist country. Only Muslims have this right in China. Everyone else is ethier communists, or people who practice Buddhism or Christianity in secrecy. The reason this is so, because Islam reached China very, early. It is actualy known that Caliph Uthman sent an envoy to convey the message of Islam to the Tang Dynasty of China. One mosque I remember is called " The Great Mosue of Xi'an." So in order to preserve the national identity, and culture of these people, they are allowed to practice Islama and wear religious clothes (Abaaya/ Fez/ Hijab etc.). These group of people belong to the ethnic group of "Hui."

THIS MAY BE OFFTOPIC:

If you just want to do more research just look up "Hui."

Uhhh..... ()()
0.o

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topi

PostSubject: Re: How each religion spread across the globe   Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:27 pm

Assalamulaykum

Yes, I realize I made mistakes in my typing... Thats been fixed.

Yes the video is well... I'm sorry to say...baised...

Though Haggag, it was really nice of you to bring it up...seriously those guys who made the video, need to reread their History Books.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellboy77

PostSubject: Re: How each religion spread across the globe   Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:51 pm

Salam,
Quote :

True when i first saw the video i thought it was biased too. Hopefully one day another video will be made showing more of the truth. Nevertheless this video is the best i could find. Please if anyone finds another post it.

It was a good video. I liked it! You guys should note one thing:

Opinion of historian De Lacy O’Leary.

The best reply to the misconception that Islam was spread by the sword is given by the noted historian De Lacy O’Leary in the book "Islam at the cross road" (Page Cool:

"History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myth that historians have ever repeated."

That's how Islam spread, peacefully.

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: How each religion spread across the globe   Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:35 pm

Ohh, my bad Khaled! I edited your post by mistake! I intended to quote you, but I guess I pressed on the edit button instead! Ahhhh! :$.....

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellboy77

PostSubject: Re: How each religion spread across the globe   Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:05 pm

HAhaha it;s ok.

I would also like to add that Islamic war is not like the war we are used too.
In an Islamic war the following rules are followed;
>You can not harm any civilians including men.
>You cannot damage the land/environment during the war.
>

and there are many more i would like to add but haha i gtg for class. Please feel free to add more conditions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellboy77

PostSubject: Re: How each religion spread across the globe   Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:27 am

>The people (in the new land) must still be allowed to practice their faith (being Christianity, Judaism, etc)
>The natural resources of the new lands must not be taken away, and the land must be developed for the better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: How each religion spread across the globe   Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm

That's all very true Khaled!

Just recently I explained to druidboy, that as Muslims we don't believe
in war. At first we seek peaceful resolution, always a peaceful
resolution. I think it is worthy to note Khaled, as far as Islam has
spread, we have always allowed freedom of speech, freedom to practice
any religion, and to preach. For example, I want you to take note the
Saudi Arabian Peninsula. Many critics like Daniel Pipes, argues that
Islam was spread by the sword. If that's so true why does the Arabian
Peninsula harbor 14 million Arab Coptic Christians? Why is India's
population 80 percent non-muslim? When you point that out people will
immediately say "You Muslims went to war, wreaked havoc on land." And I
wont deny that, at times of course there was war. Regardless of who instigated the war, we always provided a safe haven for those who did not want to fight the war, we always protected the women and children of the land and those men who did want anything to do with fighting. Take care Khaled!

Allah Hafiz

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zulfiqar07

PostSubject: Re: How each religion spread across the globe   Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:04 pm

salam

This brings us back to one of the most important concept in Islam, and most critics overlook this: as the noble quran says "We ordained for the Children of Israel that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation for murder or for villainy in the land, it would be as if they killed the whole of humanity. And if anyone saved a life, it would be as if they saved the whole of humanity." (The Holy Qur’an, Chapter 5, Verse 32)

What does this show? Killing an innocent human is like killing all of humanity and it is totally forbidden in Islam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: How each religion spread across the globe   Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:41 pm

Ain't, it the truth? Mashallah Smile

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raindrops

PostSubject: Re: How each religion spread across the globe   Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:57 pm

hellboy77 wrote:
I would also like to add that Islamic war is not like the war we are used too.
In an Islamic war the following rules are followed;
>You can not harm any civilians including men.
>You cannot damage the land/environment during the war.

this might be kinda random, but i thought this article kinda went along with the Islamic war stuff...its fairly long, and i havent read the whole thing thouroughly, but it talks about Islam's approach to war, the Just War Theory, and Pacifism, and then it ties the three together. just something to look at in your spare time...

http://www.aimislam.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6067
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellboy77

PostSubject: Re: How each religion spread across the globe   Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:36 am

I didn't have time to read the full article, but what I've read so far i really like.

i really liked this part

"According to a narration attributed to Imam Sadiq (‘a), when asked whether Muslims could sell weapons to non-Muslims who were at war with one another, he replied that armor and shields could be sold to them, but not weapons with which they could kill one another."

i think the world would be a much better place if more countries around the world followed this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How each religion spread across the globe   

Back to top Go down

How each religion spread across the globe
Page 1 of 1