Faith of Freedom

An invitation to all races, color, and system of thought, where Islam is the agenda: from politics to family life.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Muslim in US Congress

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Instant Classic

PostSubject: Muslim in US Congress   Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:20 pm

Seems impossible...but there's one Razz Look up Keith Ellison on Wiki...He's a democrat and supports Obama.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: Muslim in US Congress   Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:23 pm

Sounds a bit fishy, let me look it up!
Quote :

Keith Maurice Ellison (born August 4, 1963) is an American lawyer and politician belonging to the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party. He became the first and, to date, only Muslim[1][2] to be elected to the United States Congress when he won the open seat for Minnesota's 5th congressional district (which contains the entire city of Minneapolis) in the House of Representatives in 2006. He is also the first African American elected to the House from Minnesota, currently serving in the freshman class of the 110th United States Congress.[3] Ellison is also active on a national level in advocacy for Muslims in the United States.[4][5][6][7]

Only Muslim elected in United States Congress? Well this is some history worth noting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Muslim in US Congress   Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:11 pm

...dayum... so disappointed...

Razz:P:P kidding, seriously.

I read up on him, the guy sounds intriguing.

Quote :
After winning the Democratic party nomination in May, he wrote a letter to the local Jewish Community Relations Council where he reportedly "asserted that his involvement with the Nation of Islam had been limited to an 18-month period around the time of the Million Man March in 1995, that he had been unfamiliar with the Nation of Islam's anti-Semitic views during his involvement with the group, and that he himself had never expressed such views."

Amazing guy... actually, very politically smart if you totally read bout him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://faithoffreedom.forumotion.com
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: Muslim in US Congress   Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:16 pm

Wait, is he part of the Nation of Islam? Or is he a Muslim? There's quite a difference.

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Muslim in US Congress   Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:22 pm

He's both... positive. And btw, he was only temporarily in Nation of Islam... for sum march thing. He left it and later condemned it cause of its anti semitic nature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://faithoffreedom.forumotion.com
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: Muslim in US Congress   Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:32 pm

I really hope he's a true Muslim. Being a part of the Nation of Islam makes you heretic Admin-due to it's homophobic, anti-semetic, anti-abortion (completely)...etc. nature. Also, the Nation of Islam's head, Waren Deen abolished it a couple of years ago and became a true Muslim, mashallah. However, I hear that it's come back with a punch. It's strange how people can follow these type of cults. The Nation of Islam is just like present day Ku Klux Klan.

Malcolm X didn't come back from Hajj for nothing. He came back to show people the Nation of Islam was a hoax-and it was the Nation of Islam who killed him after bringing the true message of Islam to the United States of America.

References:

The Smoking Gun.com
The Autobiography of Malcolm X: As Told By Alex Haley
Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Instant Classic

PostSubject: Re: Muslim in US Congress   Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:03 pm

It says on wiki there was some controversy when he was getting sworn into offiice. He refused to put his hand on the Bible but rather the he wanted the Quran. Not sure what ended up happening though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: Muslim in US Congress   Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:11 pm

They still do that in the United States? I always thought that the U.S. Constitution was based on Christian doctrine. I've always wondered why you had to be sworn in by putting your hand on the Bible, why not the Declaration of Independence? Still doesn't answer the question...Is he part of the Nation of Islam?

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topi

PostSubject: Re: Muslim in US Congress   Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:18 pm

Assalaymulaykum,

Are you sure this person is of benevolent character? He seems to be wearing an ear ring. Which doesn't look too decent either.
I don't know if this guy will set a good example, after all he is in the Democratic party; which means Liberialism. Probably explains the ear ring. *Laughing* Anyways whatever the case is he is still in the democractic party, hence he supports what the democrats support. And from what I have heard, its not that nice either...

Allah Hafiz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: Muslim in US Congress   Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:33 pm

Righhhtttt..... 0.o

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raindrops

PostSubject: Re: Muslim in US Congress   Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:59 am

another Muslim was elected just this month...Andre Carson, a Democrat from Indiana

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN1164415020080312
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: Muslim in US Congress   Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:24 pm

xwardahx wrote:
another Muslim was elected just this month...Andre Carson, a Democrat from Indiana

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN1164415020080312

Salaam!

That's interesting. I just read up his biography on Wikipedia. I think it's worth noting how easily he was voted in, he basically ousted a Christian from getting in. Indiana has a Christian majority, and well, for a Muslim to get in--. People describe the United States as Islamphobic, but this certainly contradicts what people like to say.

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muslim in US Congress   

Back to top Go down

Muslim in US Congress
Page 1 of 1