Faith of Freedom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faith of Freedom

An invitation to all races, color, and system of thought, where Islam is the agenda: from politics to family life.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
druidboy

Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon Empty
PostSubject: Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon   Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 7:24 am

i hope this is the right section...ok anyways. we kinda all remember back in 2006, the international Muslim community was absolutely outrage at a political cartoon that depicted Muhammad wearing a turban with a fuse lit on it. well now the newspaper is reprinting the same political cartoon. what is this? the cartoonist and the newspaper claimed that they have the right because freedom of the press. however, is this also a deliberate provocation on to enrage Muslims? why reprint a political cartoon that had already caused international outrage? here is the link on yahoo.com if you guys wanna follow up.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080213/ap_on_re_eu/denmark_prophet_drawings
Back to top Go down
Peace Within

Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon   Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 2:43 pm

Salaam Druidboy!

Yes, sadly they reprinted it. I'm not exactly sure why they did - it's apparently more or less to provoke the feelings of Muslims or those who have sentiments for Islam. Just trash, in my opinion.

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
raindrops

PostSubject: Re: Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon   Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:28 am

to be honest, i dont think that the response from the Muslim community was either mature or warranted...people set fire to Danish embassies in some countries, which makes absolutely no sense...if people want to protest this kind of thing, they need to first identify the source, which in this case was not all of denmark...and besides, there is tons of anti-Christian and anti-Jewish propaganda out there, and i'm sure that some of it is promoted by Muslims, yet we don't see as big a fuss about it...either we, as Muslims, first learn to respect other religions, or we learn to take it in stride when people of other faiths dont respect ours...
Back to top Go down
Peace Within

Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon   Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:39 pm

xwardahx wrote:
to be honest, i dont think that the response from the Muslim community was either mature or warranted...people set fire to Danish embassies in some countries, which makes absolutely no sense...if people want to protest this kind of thing, they need to first identify the source, which in this case was not all of denmark...and besides, there is tons of anti-Christian and anti-Jewish propaganda out there, and i'm sure that some of it is promoted by Muslims, yet we don't see as big a fuss about it...either we, as Muslims, first learn to respect other religions, or we learn to take it in stride when people of other faiths dont respect ours...

Salaam,

I would have to say there is definitely more than meets the eye. There are always some black sheep in every community. The people who did commit those acts did not represent the 1.3 billion Muslims--unfortunately the media likes to project it that way. I still agree with you, those Muslims could have taken a better course of action. As for the Danish government, I still have yet to show you "God's Warriors". The government doesn't exactly uphold the most fair title for all people.

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
Zulfiqar07

PostSubject: Re: Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon   Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:09 pm

Salaam

Quote :
to be honest, i dont think that the response from the Muslim community was either mature or warranted...people set fire to Danish embassies in some countries, which makes absolutely no sense...if people want to protest this kind of thing, they need to first identify the source, which in this case was not all of denmark...and besides, there is tons of anti-Christian and anti-Jewish propaganda out there, and i'm sure that some of it is promoted by Muslims, yet we don't see as big a fuss about it...either we, as Muslims, first learn to respect other religions, or we learn to take it in stride when people of other faiths dont respect ours..

As far as saying if the response was mature or warranted, true, it is always better to take a course of action which is peaceful and yet more effective. Lighting ablaze Danish embassies didn't do much except spread more hatred. However, saying that the response by the Muslim community was just a big fuss is something i would definitely have to disagree with. The fact that Muslims speak out when their religion is being attacked is what tells me that muslims all over the world hold their beliefs invaluable. Your logic is simple, but it doesn't really offer a solution to the problem. As Peace said, there are "black sheep in every community". There are those who will always disrespect and transgress but the onlooker shouldn't just standby. What I am saying is that one should never tolerate an ASSAULT on ones beliefs. HOWEVER, the course of action that should be taken in response should be a peaceful one. The bottom line is that although taken too far, the response was no fuss. It was something which was necessary for people to realize that insulting religion in such a way wouldn't go unnoticed.
Back to top Go down
raindrops

PostSubject: Re: Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon   Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 7:07 pm

i'm not saying that we shouldnt have responded to the cartoon or that we should have taken it without a word, but my point was that it is rather hypocritical of some Muslims to criticize other people's intolerance towards Islam when they harbor the same intolerance for other religions...basically, there are problems closer to home that, in my opinion, need to be attended to first...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon   Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Danish newspaper reprints Muhammad cartoon
Page 1 of 1