Faith of Freedom

An invitation to all races, color, and system of thought, where Islam is the agenda: from politics to family life.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

How can one trust the Bible?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Peace Within

PostSubject: How can one trust the Bible?   Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:30 pm

It's important that we all look at every scripture and compare and contrast them with out own and decide which one upholds truth, logic, and a sense of 'God'.

I would like a Christian to come and prove these fallacies of the Bible not to be fallacies but falls in part of today's era of reason.

Here's one inaccuracy, which if you can prove then you've done the impossible:

Isaiah 30:26

Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

----------------------

How can the moon have it's own light? Impossible!?

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christ's Truth

PostSubject: Re: How can one trust the Bible?   Thu May 29, 2008 5:35 am

If you are trying to prove the Bible wrong on a scientific fact, yes I will defend it on that base to. God is speaking to his people through a prophet, and in this particular part of the Chapter the prophet is discussing how God will give mercy to the Israelites, and how he'll heal their land, and make everything right, and heal their wounds. This is just a comparison, and also is a reference to how the moon reflects the sun's light. It does not create it itself.

Any other verses that you seem to be having trouble understanding? I'll try to give it a shot, but be warned I'm not a scholar, I'm merely 15.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

How can one trust the Bible?
Page 1 of 1