Faith of Freedom

An invitation to all races, color, and system of thought, where Islam is the agenda: from politics to family life.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

U.S. Presidential Elections

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The Instant Classic

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:07 pm

Yes, former senator and actor Fred Thompson quit the race. That leaves the republicans at: Huckabee, McCain, Romney, Giuliani, and Paul.

In the Democratic party, there's no real winner so far...In terms of competitice states, Hillary has on 2 while Obama has won one. Edwards is also in the picture but it's slowly becoming a 2-horse race. I think that it's still anyone's game, there's bee 4-5 states contested so far. There's 45 left. Anything can happen. Feb. 5 will be a big day as 22 states will vote.

There's not really anything predictable at this point, we'll just have to wait for it to play out...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:17 pm

That's right, next Saturday, is the day. No one should miss it.

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topi

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:45 pm

Assalamulaykum,

February 5th is on a Tuesday, not upcoming Saturday.

Saturday is February 2nd.

--->Yes, we all shouldn't miss Tuesday...

Allah Hafiz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:00 pm

GO OBAMA

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topi

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:09 pm

Assalamulaykum,

nice teeth...obama...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:04 pm

Romi, who is originally for mid-east? I understand Hillary Clinton has an adviser who happens to be a Muslim woman.

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topi

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:59 pm

Assalamulaykum,

Well she hasn't said anything con-middle east...
So its possible...besides that she will also take the troops out of Iraq
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:06 pm

You mean pro-middle east...lol....ohh Romi...we love you cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topi

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:58 am

Assalamulaykum,

No I mean con-middle east, or in other words she hasn't said anything aganist the Middle East, Central Asia, or North Africa.

She may be better for us. Obama has already shown his agression to the world...so... we will just have to wait and see on February 5th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:44 am

0.o Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topi

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:57 pm

Assalamulaykum,

Nope sorry, I made a mistake. Hillary Clinton is as bad as the rest of them (especially Obama)

She has decided to do some...well...odd things

Allah Hafiz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:07 pm

When you say something, elaborate and give some evidence. We don't just blantly blame people here.

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topi

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Assalamulaykum,

Well, its beyond the scope of this thread, unless ofcourse you're really interested...

---> she had made a deal with the British to some how secure Pakistani nukes...

Allah hafiz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:28 pm

I guess that sounds a bit sketchy! Heh...

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Instant Classic

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:07 pm

Err...No one's touching Pakistan's nukes...or Pakistan...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topi

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:04 pm

Assalamulaykum,

I know its all propaganda to see which candidate is the most patriotic, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't take these "declarations" seriously.

Allah Hafiz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:13 pm

If you're leader of any band of people, whatever you say can be held against you. That's why I believe everyone takes leaders seriously.

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Degree

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:06 am

Doesn't this scare anyone?

Obama and his will

In a March 2007 speech to AIPAC, a pro-Israel lobby, he said that while the U.S. "should take no option, including military action, off the table, sustained and aggressive diplomacy combined with tough sanctions should be our primary means to prevent Iran from
building nuclear weapons."Detailing his strategy for fighting global terrorism in August 2007, Obama said "it was a terrible mistake to fail to act" against a 2005 meeting of al-Qaeda leaders that U.S. intelligence had confirmed to be taking place in Pakistan's Federal Administered Tribes Area. He said that as president he would not miss a similar opportunity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
druidboy

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:31 am

hey sup guys. seems like things are heating up in the forums on the elections. i see that everyone is talking about obama and hillary. we all know that these two candidates have been in the spotlight for sometime now. the key to this election right now is the candidate who can promise "change." the candidate who can promise this "change" will be the most likely candidate for president, and ultimately the president. we all hear about these things about what obama and hillary said. not pretty. gotta agree on that. but too many americans who don't know a single thing going on the world unless America is involved, they view as everyone is ganging up on them. the people right now are looking who can defend America in these coming years by national security and economically. the US economy is hitting a sag, car companies are laying off workers, the Social Security is still an issue, and medical care which most americans can't afford is all just making things worse. everyone knows that hillary and obama said this and that to wat they're gonna do to the world. ok...fact is the average american is still not gonna care unless something major happens, most pple care about if they got enough money to fill up their gas tank or to pay their medical bills, not about foreign issues. leave the last part to lobbyists.

well i was trying to get to the part i want to say but ok here we go...wat about edwards? no one has mention a single word about edwards. he's the most progressive of the three candidates. he is willing to talk things over, he's a strong advocate of women rights, and he indeed has tried not to piss pple off. hasn't made and offhand and threatening comments as the other candidates did about wat they're gonna do when they're president. he made reasonable commitments, hasn't stretched himself out by promising too much and getting too involved with lobbyists. hasn't made the gender and ethnicity a problem either. pretty ideal guy. why nothing on him? well here is the other part i'm getting at. he doesn't promise the "change" that americans want. sigh* pple still tend to vote with their pocket money. but definitely for this elections, it's gonna go democrat. there is a clear sign that there is wave of democrat advocacy in the nation. unless something scandalous hits the democrats, the election is in full favor of the democrats. it will narrow down between obama and hillary. not so good as it starts to seem. wat we all seem to be consciously and obviously aware is the unsettling possibilities this may have on the middle east, but is very, very, oblivious to many americans and the last things on any of their minds. unless ur a lobbylist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:07 am

Edwards doesn't really appeal to me either. Just check out what he had to say in 2002. People who blindly assert a 'truth' without any evidence certainly does not get a place on my good-boy list.

This is what he had to say:

On October 10, 2002; "Almost no one disagrees with these basic facts: that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a menace; that he has weapons of mass destruction and that he is doing everything in his power to get nuclear weapons; that he has supported terrorists; that he is a grave threat to the region, to vital allies like Israel, and to the United States; and that he is thwarting the will of the international community and undermining the United Nations' credibility."

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Degree

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:15 am

druidboy wrote:
hey sup guys. seems like things are heating up in the forums on the elections. i see that everyone is talking about obama and hillary. we all know that these two candidates have been in the spotlight for sometime now. the key to this election right now is the candidate who can promise "change." the candidate who can promise this "change" will be the most likely candidate for president, and ultimately the president. we all hear about these things about what obama and hillary said. not pretty. gotta agree on that. but too many americans who don't know a single thing going on the world unless America is involved, they view as everyone is ganging up on them. the people right now are looking who can defend America in these coming years by national security and economically. the US economy is hitting a sag, car companies are laying off workers, the Social Security is still an issue, and medical care which most americans can't afford is all just making things worse. everyone knows that hillary and obama said this and that to wat they're gonna do to the world. ok...fact is the average american is still not gonna care unless something major happens, most pple care about if they got enough money to fill up their gas tank or to pay their medical bills, not about foreign issues. leave the last part to lobbyists.

well i was trying to get to the part i want to say but ok here we go...wat about edwards? no one has mention a single word about edwards. he's the most progressive of the three candidates. he is willing to talk things over, he's a strong advocate of women rights, and he indeed has tried not to piss pple off. hasn't made and offhand and threatening comments as the other candidates did about wat they're gonna do when they're president. he made reasonable commitments, hasn't stretched himself out by promising too much and getting too involved with lobbyists. hasn't made the gender and ethnicity a problem either. pretty ideal guy. why nothing on him? well here is the other part i'm getting at. he doesn't promise the "change" that americans want. sigh* pple still tend to vote with their pocket money. but definitely for this elections, it's gonna go democrat. there is a clear sign that there is wave of democrat advocacy in the nation. unless something scandalous hits the democrats, the election is in full favor of the democrats. it will narrow down between obama and hillary. not so good as it starts to seem. wat we all seem to be consciously and obviously aware is the unsettling possibilities this may have on the middle east, but is very, very, oblivious to many americans and the last things on any of their minds. unless ur a lobbylist.

I just see one thing druidboy....I don't think I'll be voting for any candidate. None of them have a good diplomatic solution to the Middle East crisis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:22 am

druidboy wrote:

Salaam,

The U.S. is hitting a 'sag' in economy only because of the problems in Iraq. The Dollar has droped, the Euro and Canadian Dollar have risen. It never fails to amaze me. Bush's plan to bring justice to the Middle East just flopped. This 2000 year war will never end. The Middle East has only been a source of 'lethal activities', which just makes want to laugh! I've always wondered if we'd have president of different faiths up on stage, but I doubt it. For over three hundred years you have presidents who all are some denomination of Christianity. I want to see a Bhuddist or even a Muslim as a president. I feel a difference in faith will make a difference. You can be a democrat or a republican but being either is a religion itself.

The Israel Lobby seems to be one of the most popular lobbys. I wish the Muslims could make a lobby of their own in the U.S., if they got really organized. Inshallah. We can only pray. I'm with Degree, I don't think I would vote for any of the candidates.

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:35 pm

This has nothing to do with US elections

I read this somewhere....and can not say that it is authentic or not..but this is what it said:

The world powers decided that dividing the world according to their religion, language.etc and all that would bring peace in the world. SO they built the Jewish nation... so that jews may live in peace...well now they try to create the Arab section of the world...
They would create a different area for all Christian Catholics, and etc...
Ok lets look at India and Pakistan, there are many places where people speak the same language in both countries, they also laid out that they would create a separate Pashtu, separate Panjabi and all that from India and Pakistan.......again this sounds really vague but this is their plan to establish "peace" in the world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:02 pm

It really has nothing to do with politics. People use politics to achieve their personal goals. Here's a quote from the Quran, as the Bible says the same thing:

"The same religion has He established for you (i.e., Muhammad) as that which He enjoined on Noah - the which We have sent by inspiration to thee - and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than God, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. God chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him). (The Noble Quran, 42:13)"

Peace Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isaach

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:52 pm

Salaam

Ah, my first post.

First of all, the Muslims can never form a lobby of any significance because they are thoroughly disunited as a people. Even if Muslims formed a lobby no one would take them seriously thanks to the media.

Second, concerning Decision 08; every candidate out on the field is anti-islam. It's what appeals to the American People at this point. Every Republican cnadidate has publically stated that Bush was right in invading Iraq and that the troop surge is working to reduce violence. Ron Paul, is probably the best choice on the Republican choice. But since he'll never get nomnated, the Democrats are the only viable option for Presidency.
Edwards is more concerned about the economic stability of America than any of the other Democrats. However, Clinton and Obama are the only ones actually getting votes. Clinton and Obama's policies towards Muslims are at best lukewarm. The bottom line is that the frontrunners in the election are not supporters of Islam. They are just tapping into the public's fears and misconceptions about Islam because that is what seems to be working for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Presidential Elections   

Back to top Go down

U.S. Presidential Elections
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next