Faith of Freedom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faith of Freedom

An invitation to all races, color, and system of thought, where Islam is the agenda: from politics to family life.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nature of Islam and misconceptions

Go down 
+5
jonescomplete
Peace Within
Topi
Admin
Zulfiqar07
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wombat

Nature of Islam and misconceptions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature of Islam and misconceptions   Nature of Islam and misconceptions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 12:30 am

I'm not aware of any cases in which Christians advocate death for people who cease to be Christians. Maybe there have been such cases, and I just haven't heard of them, but I think it's safe to say that this is not the normal way of thinking. It's not a commonly held view - at least, not common enough for me to have ever heard of it. However, I have heard of it quite a bit in connection with Islam. So, do you think this is representative of Muslims in general, or is it more of a rarity, and blown out of proportion by the media and other sources?
Back to top Go down
Zulfiqar07

PostSubject: Re: Nature of Islam and misconceptions   Nature of Islam and misconceptions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 12:42 am

Salam Everyone

Quote :
When people talk about 'compulsion' in relation to Islam, they are probably thinking about apostasy. We read that it is forbidden to convert to any other religion, and the punishment is death. Example here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7131763.stm

Is this attitude representative of Muslims as a whole? What proportion of Muslims think that people who leave Islam deserve to die? Does it depend on what part of the world you live in?

First lets make something clear. It is not up to the people to determine who dies and who doesn't. As to the fact that it is forbidden to convert to any other religion. I don't there is a religion in which it is not forbidden to convert. This is another article very similar to the one u posted, however the situation is reversed:

http://hikm.wordpress.com/2006/03/20/dutch-convert-to-islam-veiled-and-viewef-as-a-traitor/

Will Write more later

Peace
Back to top Go down
Abdullah50

PostSubject: Re: Nature of Islam and misconceptions   Nature of Islam and misconceptions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:16 am

Wombat wrote:
When people talk about 'compulsion' in relation to Islam, they are probably thinking about apostasy. We read that it is forbidden to convert to any other religion, and the punishment is death. Example here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7131763.stm

Is this attitude representative of Muslims as a whole? What proportion of Muslims think that people who leave Islam deserve to die? Does it depend on what part of the world you live in?

Cheers,
John.

Is it the attitude of the many priests to kill people that have converted to Islam. This only didn't happen in Islam but it also happened in Christianity. Do you consider a person that believed in Islam and trusted it deeply to just get attacked and beaten to death by Priests freedom of religion. I have so many stories to tell you about these occurrences that happened in my home country but seriously making this one excuse about leaving Islam doesn't even happen as much as Christianity now.
Back to top Go down
Peace Within

Peace Within

PostSubject: Re: Nature of Islam and misconceptions   Nature of Islam and misconceptions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 7:22 pm

Salaam,

Let me make this clear to everyone. Compulsion? Apostasy? John, once again, if you want to see Islam and it's nature, go back to the Quran look at all its words in context:

The Glorious Quran, Surah Al-Baqrah (Chapter 2), Verse 256

"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error:
whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy
handhold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things."

Why does compulsion not work in Islam or any religion? It's as simple as the following:

1. Religion is based on will and faith and can be no way forced on a person. What is the use of a non-believer who pretends to be a believer? (Known as a Munafi'q)

2. As the Quranic verse says, Truth is very well set aside from error. A person who understands Islam with an open heart - will only be able to embrace Islam then.

3. Allah's power is overwhelming and his protection is around us. It will eventually become obvious to us if we are willing to grasp that rope of faith.

Once again John. A Mutawa, a Hafiz, a Quranic Teacher, and simple people like us, have no right to touch a human being. At it's most even slander is forbidden. I hope this answers your question. Most of your answers are in the Noble Quran.

And John, before you reply, please investigate this thorougly, as we have no become exerpts in the field of Islam. Our initial goal was to attract the youth, but you as an adult have given us some real incentives; to know our religion better. However, back to my point. Please visit this website, and read it thoroughly. This is one my favorite websites, and is the most visited Islamic webite on the internet according to Google traffic statistics. Here's the website:

Apostasy

Walikumsalaam,
Peace Within

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nature of Islam and misconceptions   Nature of Islam and misconceptions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nature of Islam and misconceptions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2